Thursday 21 July 2016

News...

I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while but I've been ridiculously busy. Part of the business has to do with this post. I've been wanting to post about this for a while and I finally can because everything is finished and ready to go in a week's time.

Enough being elusive, here's my news...

Highlanders' Revenge by Paul Tors

I've written a book!

Well actually I've co-written a book. Highlanders' Revenge by Paul Tors is being published by Matador Publishing and will be released on Thursday 28th July.

It was written by myself and my uncle, Paul Richman, hence the name Paul Tors (Tors is my nickname).

We have a website with more information here.



I don't really know where to start; I don't want to give too much away as I want people to read it (and buy it!). Highlanders' Revenge is a historical fiction novel that follows Edward James, AKA Mash (a nickname Scottish soldiers give to Englishmen in their ranks) who, almost destroyed by the Blitzrieg advance across France and from the murder of his first love, finds himself in a new section travelling to the heat and danger of Egypt, where he will take part in the infamous battle of El Alamein.

It's fictional but follows a real fighting unit; the 5th Camerons, who saw action in most of the major battles in North Africa and Western Europe during World War Two.

Even if you're not a fan of historical fiction or war fiction, it's a great read as there's love, loss, hatred, travel, friendship, death, life and lots more.

We've been working on this, researching (Paul mainly), writing, editing, searching for a publisher and the publishing process, for about four years now. A long time, especially as I had to fit writing around a full time job; Paul waited very patiently for me to get my act together.

Paul came up with the idea of Highlanders' Revenge:

"I've always had a passion for military fiction and had an idea for a story, but really didn't know how to go about it," he explained. "Luckily Victoria has always wanted to branch out into novel writing - after a few hours of discussion at a wedding reception one day, the idea for Paul Tors was born!"

Paul and Victoria Richman - Paul Tors

This is Paul and I squinting into the sun, trying to look glamorous for our authors' photo.

We've published the book with Matador, a branch of Troubador.

Highlanders' Revenge will be available to buy from Matador on July 28th, a week today, and available from other outlets, such as Amazon, soon after. It comes in both paperback and e-book form.

It has been a strange, fun, hard, stressful, frustrating, rewarding and amazing four years but I wouldn't change it and I'm pretty damn proud of Paul and I for managing to finish a book.

Look at them all!

Highlanders' Revenge by Paul Tors

If you would like a review copy please contact me.

I'll post some more reviews of 'real' authors soon.


Follow me on Bloglovin'


2 comments:

  1. Well done you guys. Very impressive. i look forward to reading it Louise xx

    ReplyDelete