Saturday 12 November 2016

October 2016: Link Love

The Reading Nook - October 2016: Link Love
Source

This is a new monthly post featuring, you guessed it, links that I love. I know it's a little late for October's post, now being well into November, but I've been spectacularly unorganised as usual.

Each month I'll bring a round up of what I've been enjoying on the web, including books and writing related links as well as a few random favourites.


Reading


Women Who Read are Dangerous - October 2016: Link Love

The Reading Nook - If, like me, you love looking at pictures of libraries and reading spaces then you'll love this tumblr, it's just a never ending selection of beautiful book photos.

Beyond Eden Rock - I discovered this lovely book blog a few weeks back and have really enjoyed reading it. Cornish blogger Jane includes art, books, poetry and nature in her blog, and I like that she's a fellow Agatha Christie fan.

Women Who Read are Dangerous - I really want to get this book after Belle, Book and Candle reviewed it. Not just because it's got a great title, but because it's filled with artwork of women reading.


Writing

SEO Tips for Bloggers - October 2016 Link Love
Source
How to get a Literary Agent (or not) - There are loads of these posts out there but this one by Sarah Hilary was a breath of fresh air. She talks about how she was rejected several times and how she took on advice to finally get an agent.

SEO Tips for Bloggers - A useful post from Forever Amber on Search Engine Optimisation. Every time I think I've got the hand of SEO it changes, but I found this to have some helpful tips that I haven't come across before.

Hashtags for Writers - Exactly what the title says, this is a huge list of hashtags for writers to use on Twitter. Really useful.

Is Social Media Toxic to Writing? - This seems a strange link to include after the hashtags one, but it's an interesting read; everything now seems to rely on social media and the number of followers you have or people you reach, but does it really help, and can you become a successful writer without it?

Work Like it's Recess - Get outside more and you'll do better work, is the basis of what this article from Headspace is saying. Fairly simple but seemingly difficult for a lot of people.



Random


Farrow Bag by Sezane - October 2016: Link Love
Source

Art by Catherine Hyde - I actually found this artist through Beyond Eden Rock's Twitter feed. I was just struck by Hyde's art; simple, natural and sometimes dark.

Je M'en Fous - Translated that means I don't care, and I like Lucy from Fashion Me Now, I'm trying to give fewer f*cks in life. Does that sound harsh? I don't care! Read the blog post.

10 Least Visited Cities in the World - I've only been to one of these places; Rotorua in New Zealand, which was lovely even if it did smell of sulphur. One day I'd like to go to all of them.

Sezane Farrow Bag - I just love this bag but will never be able to afford it. If any one wants to buy it for me I'd like it in Bordeaux.


Follow Me On Bloglovin'



No comments:

Post a Comment