Monday 7 August 2017

10 Jane Austen Tattoos - Literary Tattoos Series

Most of my Literary Tattoos posts so far have either been based on children's books or fantasy novels, which all have a range of illustrations and symbols that make great tattoos. For this tattoo post I thought I'd opt for a classic author.

Jane Austen's books are chock full of quotes that prove to be popular as tattoos and, while there aren't that many obvious illustrations, people are really creative at coming up with Austen-esque designs.



1 Let's start with this detailed tattoo portrait of Jane Austen herself

Source


2 Wearing Lady Catherine De Bourgh's insult to Elizabeth as a mark of honour

Source


3 "Till this moment I never knew myself." Pride and Prejudice

Source


4 Pride and Prejudice doesn't have the monopoly on passionate speeches, Persuasion has some pretty good ones too. "You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope."

Source


5 Pemberley, the dream house

Source


6 "Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint." From Austen's little known early work, Love and Friendship

Source


7 "We are all fools in love" from Pride and Prejudice

Source


8 Another portrait of Austen, I have a feeling this is fake but I would like it to be real

Source


9 "You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you," Mr Darcy

Source


10 I love this tattoo depiction of Pride and Prejudice

Source

Follow Me On Bloglovin'



2 comments:

  1. All of those tattoos are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing them with us. I especially liked the one that was a colour portrait of Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I like that one too, and the Pemberley one.

    ReplyDelete