Tuesday 6 March 2018

Bring Me Back by B A Paris

Book Review


Bring Me Back by B A Paris - Reading, Writing, Booking


"I know we're not going to find her."

Bring Me Back will be released in the UK on 8th March 2018. It is written by B A Paris and published by HQ.

Bring Me Back started well, but ultimately it went down a rather ridiculous path. I guessed the ending, even though I thought that it couldn't really be true because it was completely unbelievable!

BLURB
The Disappearance
Twelve years ago Finn’s girlfriend disappeared.
The Suspicion
He told the police the truth about that night.
Just not quite the whole truth.
The Fear
Now Finn has moved on.
But his past won’t stay buried…

Though the ending was predictable (and daft) there were a few twists and turns along the way that were more surprising and gave the book a good flow. The first half of Bring Me Back is definitely stronger than the second, there is a lot of mystery and I really didn't know where it was going. But then once a few twists are revealed it all falls into predictable place

The characters are engaging enough, though not particularly likeable. I found the main character Finn irritating, he's arrogant, needy and he didn't act in a believable way.

However, I read Bring me Back quite quickly, it's a good sort of suspend belief thriller, perfect for a holiday read. It's engaging but not too disturbing or ground breaking.

I read a review that said this book would be best for new mystery readers and I think that's true, if you don't read many thrillers you probably won't see the twists coming, but as someone who reads a lot of crime thrillers, this one was almost a bit too formulaic.


My Rating: 3 Stars


I received a review copy of Bring Me Back, via NetGalley, in return for an honest review. My thanks to the author and publisher.

Follow me on Bloglovin'


No comments:

Post a Comment